1. Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I’ve been using Stay Matte Pressed Powder since April 2013 [seven months approx], and, at the risk of sounding cliché: it does exactly what it says on the tin. After applying my primer, concealer, and foundation, I then apply this miracle powder with a damp beauty blender sponge. Upon application in the morning, my skin still remains matte-fresh by evening. As well as keeping my skin shine-free, it also provides great coverage. When I am wearing this press powder [whenever I wear make-up], I am forever accepting compliments on how flawless, and blemish-free my skin looks. It truly is airbrushing contained.
2. Rimmel 100% Waterproof Mascara in shade Brown/Black.
This mascara has to be my top go-to product. Although it is only sold in selected stores, and is limited online; I will honestly scour around until I find this mascara. Knowing that this product is now limited, I have looked around to see if there was another waterproof mascara on the market which is available in shade brown/black. After a vigorous search, it turns out that no major drug store brand [such as L’oreal, Rimmel, Maybeline, etc.] have such a product [in brown/black]. Although I found a brand that did sell such a product, after purchasing, and testing, I was unimpressed. Not only did my lashes appear thinner, they also deflated in their curl [even after curling them with my trusty Models Own Eye Lash Curler]; equalling in them looking lifeless, and flat.
Rimmel 100% Waterproof mascara is not only for me because of the fabulous colour, but also because it is, genuinely 100% waterproof. As you never really know what the day is going to bring; rain, a spontaneous trip to the movies to see Safe Haven [I cried for an hour after the movie ended], I prefer to know that I won’t end the day with streaky dark lines running down my face. So, ultimately, this mascara is 100% for me… even if you do have to look a little longer, and harder to find it.
3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation
Much like Rimmel’s Stay Matte Pressed Powder, I started using this foundation around about seven months ago. This product is the real deal. Not only does it smell amazing, but it also good for the skin with natural ingredients such as pomegranates, goji berries, and is vitamin-rich. I use shades 52 Vanille, and 53 Beige Clair. Depending on whether I have been relaxing in the sun, faking-it with bottled tan, or in the middle of a snowy winter not able to catch any rays; I tend to bounce between the two shades, or even blend the two together depending on the shade of my skin when it’s make-up free. All-in-all, I love this foundation. Not only does it provide excellent coverage, it also feels incredibly lightweight; almost as if you’re not wearing any foundation at all.
4. Chapstick Medicated This is the ultimate lip-saver.Chapstick Medicated contains camphor, cooling menthol and phenol to relieve, soothe, and heal severely chapped lips. I use this product several times a day; when I wake-up in the morning, after lunch, before bed etc. I found this product when looking for the Chapstick Classic Original, and finding that it wasn’t currently in stock. I bought this thinking it would cover me until the original was back in stock, but I was so wrong. This product far outweighs any Chapstick, or lip balm that I have ever tried; and being that I have naturally dry lips that need to be kept highly hydrated, I have tried a number of products that claim to be ‘the best on the market‘.
If you’re looking for a Chapstick that will keep your lips healthy, hydrated, and chap-free, this product is definitely the one you’ve been looking for.
This product can be purchased here, at your local drugstore, Target, Walgreens or CVS.
5. Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser I am one of the few people I know that never, ever suffers with an oily T-Zone. Even in the Springtime, I have suffered with dry skin; mostly across areas such as my T-Zone, and chin. It’s not attractive to have flakey, dry skin popping through your make-up when you’re on-the-go, meeting new people, or grabbing a Vanilla Chai Tea Latte with friends. As you can imagine, if dryness irritates my skin at times during the warm seasons, it can really get irritating during the cold, winter months.
Simple is definitely the brand that I can count on to relieve me of the flaky, sore, feeling that comes with dry skin. I’ve tested many of their products out, including Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. I’d definitely say that this moisturiser is for those with a ‘normal’ complexion [neither dry, nor oily]. It does a great job in keeping the skin hydrated, without making the skin feel oily, and keeps the balance just right. However, being that my skin is on the dry side, I prefer the Rich Moisturiser to the Light Moisturiser.
After washing your face in the morning and evening, this moisturiser brings instant relief to the feeling of ‘tight’ skin, soothes any soreness of the skin, and smoothes dryness. Ultimately, your face is left feeling refreshed, moisturised, and hydrated all day, and night-long [if used once in the morning, and once in the evening before bed]. If you have a dry-to-normal complexion like me, I couldn’t recommend this moisturiser more for you.
6. L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfection 15 Second Miracle Cleansing Oil To say that I may be slightly in love with this product wouldn’t be an over statement. I, like any other girl I know, find it such a task to properly remove their make-up at night. Although after a long day it’s the last thing I want to do, I still do it no matter how bad I don’t want to do it as I know how important it is to the skin health. Therefore, when I found this product in my local beauty store, I was immediately sold.
This Cleansing Oil really is a miracle in a bottle. ‘The oil formula helps to re-balance skin’s natural oil production for healthy-looking skin’. All it takes is 2-3 squirts of oil, massage into the skin for 15 seconds or more, washed off with warm water, and voilà, your face is entirely make-up free. Believe it, or not, it even has no problem removing my trusted 100% Waterproof mascara by Rimmel. This product is honestly the real deal, and I recommend it 100%.
[Complete, detailed review post for this particular product coming soon].
Up until my June 2013 trip to Chicago, I hardly ever wore lipstick; I always struggled to find a shade that seemed to fit me, my skin tone, and my personality 100%. I was always a little bit intimated of picking lip shades, as they can either make or break your appearance that day. I really love coral-toned lip shades, however, some shades will wash you out, and others will be too overpowering; you have to get the balance just right. Whilst journeying down the Magnificent Mile; the famous shopping strip in Chicago, I ventured into a Sephora store. After being approached by a lovely assistant, and telling her what I was looking for, she pointed me in the direction of the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee Getaway in shade ‘Coral Oasis’. Although this product is primarily for your cheeks, it’s also perfect, and highly hydrating for your lips as it contains Coconut Water. After reading the ingredients of this product, I was sold [contains no Parabens, Sulfates, or Phthalates]!
Although I thought I was finished searching for my ultimate lip colour, the assistant obviously had other ideas as she directed me over to the Sephora Collection Lipsticks. I pretended to be interested to be polite, and asked about a few of the colors, but knew I didn’t want to commit to taking the plunge in purchasing any. As I was just about to reject her on her sales pitch with a classic, “I think I’ll stick with my purchase, but thanks anyway”, she handed me a tester in the shade Coral Calling [bright coral orange]. Out of sheer politeness, I headed over to the mirror and applied a light layer on my already tested-out lips. Although I wasn’t used to anything so bright, I loved the way it felt, and the way it complimented my complexion. Again, I was sold. It was as if she saw me coming from a mile away.
Although I thought I’d hardly ever wear the lipstick, only on occasions, I wear this lipstick almost every day. Not only does is hydrate, but it also smells delicious, and almost appears as a lip stain, as it lasts for hours, and hours. Another reason I adore this collection is that it has a matte appearance, although not directly stated as being a matte lipstick.
This lipstick has to be one of my favourite purchases of 2013 so far, which is amazing for costing only $12. My only wish is that I’d tried, tested, and purchased more colors in this collection! Maybe a bright pink [such as 09 Life In Pink – matte pale pink, 13 Pink Sunset – matte bright pink, or 14 Go For Pink! – pink coral] and a soft nude-pink. Perfect!
If you’re in the market for a high quality, high lash curl, yet inexpensive eyelash curler, then this one is for you! Without a shadow of a doubt, this eyelash curler far outweighs any of the others I have tried. A couple of months ago my sister decided she’d stop borrowing mine, and but her own. Although she searched for one in the store she was in, it was nowhere to be found; so she picked out one at random. After first use, she discarded her new eyelash curler and settled for running up and down the stairs every morning to steel my Models Own brand.
This eyelash curler leaves your lashes curled until you remove your make-up at night. If you’re wanting ‘show stopping lashes‘ , then I would definitely recommend this brand to do the best job.
Stay happy, and have a beautiful day.